Friday, April 6, 2007

Overcoming Inertia

I'm finally starting my blog.

It's been months since I told myself I'd start one. In retrospect, having hesitated this long, too many blog-inspiring moments have flown by.

On one hand, there were moments of utter exhiliaration -- my first experience as a member of a rock band; or a dinner in Singapore with Indian officemates, with fantastic food and fascinating revelations on Indian culture.

And on the other, there were moments of downright bitchiness -- such as when Philippine Airlines lost my luggage, or when I decided to re-christen a supposed five-star hotel in Davao as "The Grand Chaka Hotel."

Each time, I would get fired up and tell myself I'd start writing. But each time also, I would find myself undecided about which blog site to use; at wits' end making sense of the blog site interfaces; and deciding that I didn't have time, and that I'd rather watch TV instead.

Well, minutes ago, James told me for the nth time that I should have a blog ("And dami mong sinasabi, mag-blog ka na nga!"). So fine, might as well stop making excuses. James told me to use Blogger; he guided me through the blog-building process (not without rolling his eyes several times); and it being morning # 3 of a five-day weekend, there's loads of time.

So here we go! I don't know what or when I'll be writing next. But for sure, the way my life goes, there won't be any shortage of exhiliaration, introspection, and of course, cattiness to make for happy writing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Blogger PKT! I'll be looking forward to the movie, food and restaurant reviews, the metaphysical reflections, the bouts of wonder and the random bitchiness. Cant wait! =)

Paolo B. said...

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of blogging! I'm looking forward for the rest of your posts! =)

Anonymous said...

Glad you now have a blog. Another avenue for you to share your fabulousness. ;)

- from a big Hangad fan :)