Sunday, November 30, 2008

Move over, Ikea... I've got a new favorite store

Yes, this entry is STILL about Lego. Hahaha. But I'll make it quick.

I discovered Bricks World during my recent trip to Singapore... in the mall below the P&G office, of all places! What an exciting place. Lego everywhere, standard sets as well as rare sets (Lego chess!) and merchandising (keychains, playing cards, cookie jars, magnets) that you don't find elsewhere. You can also buy individual and hard-to-find pieces. And best of all, stuff is WAAAAY cheaper than it is in the Philippines -- by around 30%! Not to mention the stuff on sale pa.

Apart from the merchandise, I also appreciated the service. Even by Singapore standards, it was really good. The shop ladies worked out my purchases such that I could get a Bricks World membership, and a discount too! I think I saved the equivalent of Php1,000... and got a membership card too. :-D

So I bought a ton of Lego: Christmas gifts for my niece and nephew, a set that Joanne made bilin after finding out it was 30% cheaper... and of course, a big set for myself. And lots of little merchandise (haha sucker for marketing). [Incidentally, what's great about this big set -- which I super SUPER wanted after seeing it on the Internet -- is that, the first day I went to Bricks World, it was on sale at S$299 from the original price of around S$380. I decided to give it some thought... which was great, because when I visited again 2 days later, it was down to S$199!! No more second thoughts about a set this great, at this big a discount. :-D]

I got so much stuff that it didn't fit in my luggage on the flight home, and the check-in lady wouldn't let me handcarry it... luckily there was a post office in Changi and I was able to buy a big box, hahaha.

Bricks World has stores in Novena Square and Ngee Ann City in Singapore. I heard they have more but I haven't been able to visit yet. Next time! :-D

No comments: